Jul 9, 2009

Oreo Cookie Cupcakes

I did tell you guys that I got Martha Stewart's cupcakes book, right? Now I'm making cupcakes and more cupcakes. In our family when it comes to dessert we used the democratic voting system. Who says the politics are not good? Three kids many choices for dessert so we vote. When they looked thru the book the two older ones Brandon and Cass agreed at once for the oreo cupcakes, Alex wanted the marshmallow ones. Being outvoted he dropped the democratic system and started crying that he lost. I know, I know strange thing for a little guy, but not when you have two older brothers. Everything in our house is a competition. From eating to dressing up to sports I mean EVERYTHING.
Lucky for him his older brothers love him a lot, and let him win ( they do most of the time). So he got his cupcakes made first, and then he helped with his brothers choice to.
Here are the official winers of the democratic election (dessert edition).


Ingredients

21 oreo cookies, 15 left whole and 6 coarsely chopped
1/2 cup of sugar
2 large eggs room temperature lightly beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pound cream cheese ( I used 2 packages of light philadelphia cheese)
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
pinch salt


Preheat the oven to 275˚F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
Place one whole cookie in each paper lining.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium high speed until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar, mix until very well combine. Beat in the vanilla. Drizzle in the eggs, a bit at the time, beating to combine and scrapping down the sides of the bowl as need it. Beat in sour cream and salt.


Stir in the chopped cookies by hand.


Divide the batter between the cookie filled cups, filling each almost to the top. I had some left over, and I made to more in my ramekins. bake for about 22 minutes or until filling is set.


Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in tins for at least 4 hours.


Enjoy!


Other Oreo cookie recipe. 


Oreo Biscotti.






51 comments:

chow and chatter said...

these look wonderful so much fun to cook with little ones Rebecca

Laura said...

hello Rebecca,
we are having a blast every time.

kamran siddiqi said...

In my house, we always have at least three packages of Oreo's in the pantry. I think I am making this recipe tomorrow (today...). They look too irresistible to not make. And great photos!

I love tastes said...

These angels look yummy, cute, and special!

Mathilde said...

What a wonderful and creative idea, I've been hearing about Oreo Cupcake for a while and I now have a recipe to make some, thanks to you!

Laura said...

Hello Kamran,
We love oreo in our house too, I had to by 3 packages just to make sure I'm left with the 22 for the recipe

Laura said...

Thanks I love Tastes,
They do look..... elegant if that applies to a cupcake.

Laura said...

My pleasure Mathilde,
I hope you are going to like them.

Cooking with tien said...

I love the story of how the older brothers let the little one make his cookies first. Very sweet brothers.

-Tien

Laura said...

Thank you Tien,

They are very protective, and they love him a lot.

Anh said...

Oh I love the voting system in your family. So cute!

And the cupcakes are out of this world. :)

Laura said...

Thank you Anh. It really works. And the cupcakes are delicious.

Allison Jones said...

oh. my. goodness. yes please!

Laura said...

Coming right up.

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Awesome! I just posted a recipe from that book too! The zucchini spice cupcakes! These look yummy too!

Laura said...

I love zucchini, but my boys would never ever go for that.

Anna said...

How could anyone cry at the prospect of oreo cupcakes?! Sounds genius.

Laura said...

Only a five year old who just been outvoted. It's not about the cupcakes it's about the competition.

Deborah said...

I have the book, too, and these are on my "to make" list. Yours look great!

Laura said...

Thanks Deborah,
isn't the book great?

The Purple Foodie said...

These look absolutely delicious. Now I just need to go and buy some philly cheese!

Laura said...

Delicious and easy to make.

Jules and Ruby said...

these look so fab, i couldn't wait...they just came out of the oven...now i have to wait the long 4hrs for proper setting....thanks for the idea

Laura said...

I know 4 hours is a long time, I had to keep the boys away from the fridge..... I hope you enjoy the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

um yummy! these look delicious!
-muffy

Laura said...

Thanks Muffy,
Easy to make and delicious.

Rebecca said...

Curious if anyone tried "frosting" them in anyway?

Laura said...

Hello Rebecca,
I'm sure you can frost them if you want, but I never tried.

Ariella said...

Hi there,
I've just made these cupcakes and i cant wait to eat them! :)

*note: you have written 22 oreos, 15 whole and 6 chopped. that makes only 21 oreos..

Laura said...

Hello Ariella,
I hope you are going to like the cupcakes.
And you are right, it does make 21 oreos....:)

Anonymous said...

I tried out your recipe. But mine didn't turn out so pretty :)

Laura said...

Hello Ancutza,
I'm sorry your cupcakes didn't turn out so pretty, but I hope they tasted just as good:-)

berny said...

Hi your cupcakes look amazing =]
I was just wondering if its 275 degrees for a fanforced oven?

Laura said...

Hi Berny,
thank you. the temperature is for a normal oven, if you use a fan-forced one ( convection oven) lower the temperature with 25 degrees. i hope that helps :-)

Lisa said...

When you say 'Refrigerate in tins for at least 4 hours' does that mean before eating them? :S

Laura said...

Hello Lisa,
Yes! You have to refrigerate the cupcakes for 4 hours befor serving them. The cream has to harden! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm coming from foodgawker so... This looks so good I could describe them greatly with obscenities! I cannot wait to make them myself.

Laura said...

lol!A new way to describe food! Let me know after you try them:-)

Andrea Undurraga said...

Que rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

YAY!! mine are in the oven right now!

Penny Pincher said...

I'm going to try these with PB Oreos! Can't wait.

Laura said...

Hi Robin, I hope you are going to like it.Let me know:)

Cooking Couch Potato said...

Thank you! I saw this on foodgawker and made them tonight. I hope they turn out well, the batter tasted pretty good!

Laura said...

Thank you... for visiting my blog. I really hope they turn out well and you like them:)

Paloma said...

hi! I loved your recipe! I have a question: How can I replace the sour cream? I live in Argentina and here we cannot find it at any store.

Thank you! And congratulations this muffins look delicious

(sorry for my bad english!)

Laura said...

Hi Obnubilada,
I'm glad you like the recipe. To answer your question, you can use yogurt instead of sour cream plain would be best but vanilla works also. I hope this helps❤

Alanna Tang. :) said...

Hi ! I'm making this for a picnic and I'm wondering if it is a must to add sour cream ? And yogurt you mean plain yogurt right ?

Oh ! The muffins look delicious !!! ^^

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Hi Alanna

You have to add Sour cream or yogurt not both. You can substitute plain or vanilla yogurt instead of sour cream.
As for taking the cupcakes to a picnic, you have to be careful, those cupcakes need to be kept cool, you can't keep them to long in the sun or heat. I hope this helps.♥♥♥

Aggeliki said...

hello Laura!!I really love your recipes and yesterday I made this wonderfull oreo muffins! they were really tastefull but the cream was too watery and the oreo cookie from the buttom of each muffin end up on the surface. any suggestions about what i did wrong? thanx a lot!!!!

Alesa said...

I just did. were delicious! thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails